Friday, September 18, 2009

Hot Pink and Tomato Berries



Yesterday , after only a little encouragement from mitch, I went next door. TO THE GARDEN SHOP!! now I live next to the greatest garden shop.  http://www.ashmoregardenworld.com/. I mean right next door.


Off I went, meaning only to buy some nefarious potting mix, The only thing on my shopping list.

Of course when I entered the store I meant only to look around.. Well then, my friends I did the enevitable.. I asked a question about my Blossom drop problem... well she recommended sulfate of potash, int he liquid form.  Into the basket it went (it WAS only 5 bucks)
Then I went out into the yard (just for a wander!!) and then staggered by hot pink strawberry flowers!!!!! I seriously did not know these existed!Isn't the pic above great! I was blown away.
Into the basket...

Over in the sun were my last temtation.. the Tomato Berry Plants.. I mean these guys were  a incredible heart shape, were already dripping with flowers  and a strand of tomatoes growing already!
this is what they look like ripe



So I bought some stakes..(do you see a pattern developing here?) and a big pot and now I have the Tomato Berry growing in my backyard.. lets hope it doesn't get the same problems as my other one!!
I'm keeping the miricle grow away from these little guys.

1 comment:

Hashi said...

Ashmore Garden World? I did a colour brochure for them back in the day. Murray Waite did the photography.