Saturday, June 14, 2008

A brilliant find



I found this at the opshop yesterday!
For twenty cents!!!
I can't believe it really.
It's called "The Golden Dressmaker" and was published by the Australian home and fashion journal in 1960.
I have done a search on it and can only find one reference to it.
I know I have a treasure here and well Look at the designs!! The patterns are all there in this lovely little booklet, I just have to draft them up!
BRILLIANT!

page six
page seven
designs page eight

I will be using nearly all of these if I can draft them up!
I like so many I can't choose a favorite
Which are YOUR favorites?

2 comments:

nettie said...

I love Little Miss Business Suit at number 7 - those three big buttons, the three-quarter length sleeves, that funky collar and the big band at the waist. Good luck with the drafting!

Tui Cook said...

I totally love that one too!!
Even just the blouse and skirt are lovely. I've got to get the courage up to draft one of these babies up!
I might start with 19 or 20 they look like easy beginners!